August 2011: Full paper submission is now closed
In order for your paper to appear in the conference proceedings that will be distributed to all participants, you must replace your one-page abstract with a full paper before the deadline of July 19, 2011. Full papers must be converted to PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress web site, before they are uploaded to the conference database. Here, we provide instructions on how to proceed.
We have tested this conversion and upload process several times, and we believe that these instructions are comprehensive and accurate. However, if you find anything that seems unclear or incorrect, we will appreciate an email to to notify us of the problem.
- Create your full paper using the MS Word template provided. Do not exceed the length restriction, and do not number the pages.
- Convert your file to PDF format using the IEEE PDF eXpress web site. NOTE: PDF files that are not IEEE-compliant will not be published in the conference proceedings. So do not skip this step.
Upload your PDF to the conference database.
- Verify that you get a confirmation email from the conference database management system.
- You should get (or have gotten) an email from the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) system, with instructions. Be sure to log in and sign this electronic form. Unless you complete this copyright form, IEEE will not publish your paper.
- Create your fulll paper submission using the MS Word template. There is a 2 page and a 2MByte limit on regular papers. Keynote presentations are limited to three pages in length. Plenary presentations are limited to four pages in length. Please do not exceed these limits. No exceptions will be granted.
- You must follow the IEEE 2-column format specified in the template. Do not number the pages.
Convert your submission into IEEE Xplore compatible PDF using the IEEE PDF eXpress site. You will need to enter the conference ID, which is IRMMWTHz2011x. If you have not used PDF-eXpress before, then you will need to create an account using your email address as your username. If you have used PDF-eXpress before, then the system can be prompted to remind you of your password. If you have an existing account, you will see an error when you log in, with a message saying that you need to set up your account. Simply click 'continue'. By entering your previously used email and password, you will re-enable your old account. Follow the on-screen instructions to use PDF eXpress, and receive your converted file by email. PDF files that are not IEEE-compliant will not be published in the conference proceedings. So do not skip this step.
- The PDF-eXpress confirmation email may contain a conference submission deadline date. This deadline is incorrect, because the IEEE is unaware of our conference time line. The submission deadline for full papers is July 19, 2011.
After your PDF is converted, you can submit it to the conference database. Access the database by clicking on this link: UPLOAD YOUR PAPER HERE. A form will open requiring your access credentials. Use the Abstract_ID and Password your received by email when you submitted your initial contribution. This information was contained in the pdf confirmation page attached to your submission confirmation email. If you cannot locate this information, first check your spam filter to see if the email got caught there. Then, email and request that this confirmation email be re-sent to you.
- Once you log in, you will be directed to the 'Abstract submitter's login area'. Click on the link that reads "attach my full paper". This will take you to the first of five pages, similar to the ones you saw when you uploaded your abstract.
- On Page 1 you can check your demographic details and correct them, if needed. PLEASE CONFIRM THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS CORRECT. Click the 'Next' button at the bottom right corner to proceed.
- On page 2 you will find data regarding your submission; please do not modify any of the fields on this page.
- TO UPLOAD YOUR FULL PAPER, PRESS THE 'ATTACH' BUTTON AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE.
- In the new window, use the 'browse' button to select your pdf file. Then press the 'Next' button.
The file will be uploaded to the conference database and you will be redirected back to the submission page. Please check that the paper you uploaded is shown in the "Summary submission" section. If you need to change the file, simply press 'attach' again and upload the new file (the old one will be overwritten).
Press the 'Next' button to proceed to the authors' details. If you don't need to change the authors you can directly press the 'Next' button at the bottom right corner. If you need to edit an Author, select it in the list and press the 'Edit' button, perform changes and press 'Save'. You can also change the presenting author using this feature. Please note that only one presenting author is allowed. The information listed here will be used to create the conference guide, so please be sure that all authors' names and affiliations are correct. If you spell your co-author's name or institution incorrectly, we probably won't catch this error, and it will appear in the guide as you have entered it.
- After clicking 'Next' the last page of the submission shows. On this page some relevant information about your submission is summarized. Your paper ID and password are reported. You can print this page for your reference. A copy of this page will be sent to you at the email address indicated in the submission form when you press the FINISH button at the bottom of the page (but only if you check 'I would Like To Receive An Email Confirmation').
- Please note that, in order to complete the submission, you must press the FINISH button at the bottom of the page. Otherwise, your paper submission will not be considered complete in our database and you will not receive the confirmation email.
- When pressing 'FINISH' a window will open confirming submission and asking if you want to go back to the login page to upload another paper. Click 'OK' if you want to upload another file (with a different ID, and different password). Click 'Cancel' to close the page.
- After a few minutes, you should receive an email confirmation. If you do not see this email, check your spam filters before contacting us to request that it be re-sent.
You will get an email from the IEEE Electronic Copyright Form (eCF) system, with instructions (these emails will be sent in early July). Be sure to log in to this web site and sign this electronic form. Unless you complete this copyright form, IEEE will not publish your paper.
Best Student Presentation award:
This year, the IRMMW-THz Society is sponsoring an award for the best paper presented by a graduate student. To be eligible, the student must be enrolled in an accredited degree program, progressing towards a PhD. The student must be the first author on the paper, and must present the work at the conference. When you submit your abstract, you will be able to check a box indicating that you wish to be considered for this award. If your submission is accepted for presentation at the conference, your PhD supervisor will be required to submit a letter affirming your status as a graduate student in good standing, and describing your contribution to the work presented in the submitted paper. Submissions will be reviewed by an Award Committee, and several candidates will be selected to present their work to the Committee at a special session during the conference, for final selection of the winner. The award will consist of a cash prize, and will be presented at the conference banquet.
May 2011: Abstract submission is now closed.
The deadline for abstract submission has past. For more information, contact us at [email protected]
Abstracts should fit entirely on one page, including all figures and references. They must be submitted in PDF format. All submissions must be within one of the Major Topics. Please choose the topic that best suits the subject matter of your abstract.
Click here for an 2011 abstract template (.doc file) for your one-page abstract submission.
Be sure to convert to PDF format before uploading. Note that it is NOT necessary to use the IEEE PDF conversion for the abstract submission (although the option is provided for you). IEEE-compliant PDF conversion will only be required for submission of full papers. If your submission is accepted, you will be notified of the procedure for submission of full papers.
Thank you for submitting your work to IRMMW-THz 2011.